“Destiny waits in the hand of God, not in the hands of statesmen.” ~TS Eliot
Do you know where you were Sunday 9 September 2001? I do. It was back before TV stations went digital, requiring cable or satellite. We were still using rabbit ears and watching a couple of local stations.
This particular Sunday stormclouds were gathering, the sky was darkening, and something on the horizon looked ominous. So we’d turned on the TV to check the weather and, instead, had gotten into this movie, starring Liam Neeson and Meryl Streep; it wasn’t half-finished. But it was church night, and storm or no storm, we always went to church on Sunday evening.
Out on the streets, the weather wasn’t all that bad. Still, we found a sign on the church door announcing that evening service had been canceled due to storm warning. The thick-walled brick church, with few windows, was a designated storm shelter. We felt silly. Of course. We should’ve known. We’d made the journey for nothing.
So we drove back home and resumed our movie. Hadn’t missed much. And, meanwhile, we’d had our own Before and After (1996)—not quite as dramatic as theirs.
A couple days later, Tuesday, 11 September, about 9:00 am, I was in the front room having coffee, when my daughter, who’d been listening to radio while she studied in her room, walked in. “I don’t know what to make of it,” she said, “but the radio is saying a plane flew into the World Trade Center, a second plane flew into the Pentagon, and a third plane, headed for the White House, is down somewhere in Pennsylvania.”
“Probably a hoax. Like that War of the Worlds thing .”
We turned on the TV. Every channel was playing it. All the morning shows were extended. We watched, while the world changed before our eyes. All those real-life people screaming and jumping out of those buildings. Some, no doubt, going from a temporal burning hell to an eternal one. It was dizzying. My thought was that this was not planes flying into buildings—I never saw a plane—but our own government. A false flag.
The date 11 September 2001. Dial 911 for emergency in USA. Someone playing with our head?
So, Sunday’s movie: Before and After. Coincidence? Or had someone known?
Since then, other persons have noticed things occurring on the eleventh of the month. You may say, “They’ve only been sensitized to the number eleven, like a person buying a new Honda and suddenly every car on the road is a Honda. Doesn’t mean anything.”
Maybe. But think about it.
• 02-11-2012 Whitney Houston died under mysterious circumstances
• 03-11-2004 Madrid train bombing: 191 dead, 2050 injured
• 03-11-2008 Massive explosion Lahore, Pakistan: 27 dead, 100 injured
• 03-11-2011 9.0 earthquake in Japan
• 04-11-1951 Truman relieves MacArthur of command in Korea
• 04-11-2007 Bombing in Algiers, Algeria: 33 dead, 222 wounded
• 04-11-2011 Minsk, Belarus, metro bombing: 15 dead, 204 injured
• 04-11-2012 8.2 earthquake in Indonesia
• 05-11-1996 ValuJet Flight 592 Douglas DC-9 crashes in the Florida Everglades: 110 dead
• 05-11-1996 Mount Everest disaster: 8 dead
• 05-11-2008 Bus crash Mount Vernon, Missouri: Dottie Rambo dead
• 05-11-2011 5.1 earthquake in Lorca, Spain: 9 dead, 403 injured
• 06-11-1955 Austin-Healey and Mercedes-Benz crash Le Mans: 83 killed, 100 wounded
• 06-11-2001 Timothy McVeigh executed
• 07-11-2006 Bomb attacks Mumbai, India: 209 dead
• 08-11-2003 NATO in Afghanistan: its first major operation outside Europe
• 09-11-1297 Battle of Stirling Bridge, Scotland
• 09-11-1777 Battle of Brandywine
• 09-11-1857 Mountain Meadows Massacre: 120 pioneers dead
• 09-11-1922 British Mandate of Palestine begins
• 09-11-1941 Groundbreaking for the Pentagon
• 09-11-2001 Pentagon attacked
• 09-11-2001 World Trade Center destroyed: thousands dead
• 09-11-2004 Helicopter crashes in the Aegean Sea: 17 dead (Greek Orthodox)
• 09-11-2012 American ambassador to Libya assassinated
• 11–11-1918 Armistice Day ending World War I: Germany signs agreement with the Allies in a railroad car in the forest of Compiègne, France
• 11–11-2000 Kaprun, Austria, cable car disaster: 155 dead
• 12-11-2008 Suicide bombing Kirkuk, Iraq: 55 dead, 102 injured
• 01-22-2007 Car bomb explosions Baghdad, Iraq: 88 dead.
• 01-22-2015 Explosion near a civilian trolleybus in Donetsk: 13 dead.
• 02-22-2011 Earthquake Christchurch, New Zealand: 185 dead.
• 02-22-2012 Train crash Buenos Aires, Argentina: 51 dead, 700 injured.
• 02-22-2015 Ferry capsizes in the Padma River: 70 of 100 passengers dead.
• 03-22-2013 Fire destroys a Burmese refugee camp Thailand: 40 killed, 200 injured.
• 03-22-2014 Mudslide Oso, Washington: over 40 dead.
• 03-22-2014 Boat capsizes Lake Albert, Canada: over 250 dead.
• 03-22-2016 Terrorist bombings in Brussels, Belgium: 30 dead, 300 injured.
• 04-22-1992 Explosions Guadalajara, Mexico: 206 dead, 500 injured, 15,000 homeless.
• 04-22-1997 Haouch Khemisti massacre in Algeria: 93 dead.
• 04-22-2000 The Big Number Change UK.
• 04-22-2004 Collision of two fuel trains Ryongchon, North Korea: 150 dead.
• 04-22-2014 Train crash Democratic Republic of the Congo: 60 dead, 80 injured.
• 05-22-1987 Hashimpura massacre in Meerut, India.
• 05-22-2004 Hallam, Nebraska, wiped out by a 2.5-mi (4.0 km) wide tornado: one dead.
• 05-22-2008 Series of 235 tornadoes, striking 19 states and one Canadian province.
• 05-22-2009 The Credit CARD Act signed into law by Obama.
• 05-22-2010 Plane crash India: 158 of 166 passengers, crew dead.
• 05-22-2011 EF5 tornado Joplin, Missouri: 162 dead, $2.8 billion in damages.
• 05-22-2014 Explosion Ürümqi, China: 43 dead, 91 injuried.
• 06-22-1969 Fire on the Cuyahoga River, Cleveland, Ohio, spurring passage of the Clean Water Act and the creation of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
• 06-22-2002 Earthquake NW Iran: 261 dead, 1,300 injured.
• 06-22-2007 F5 tornado Elie, Manitoba, Canada: no fatality.
• 06-22-2009 Collision DC metro trains: 9 dead, 80 injured.
• 06-22-2012 Turkish plane shot down by Syria: both pilots dead.
• 06-22-2015 Afghan National Assembly attacked by gunmen: 6 killed, 18 injured.
• 07-22-2011 Bomb blasts Oslo, Norway; massacre youth camp Utøya, Norway.
• 07-22-2013 Earthquakes Dingxi, China: 89 dead, 500 injured.
• 07-22-2015 Collision between train and lorry Czech Republic: 3 dead, 17 injured
• 08-22-2006 Air crash E Ukraine: 170 dead.
• 08-22-2007 Storm botnet sends out a record 57 million e-mails in one day.
• 08-22-2012 Ethnic clashes over grazing rights for cattle in Kenya: 52 dead.
• 09-22-1993 Amtrak train wreck Mobile, Alabama: 47 dead.
• 09-22-1993 Plane shot down by missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
• 09-22-1995 Air crash Alaska caused by birds: everyone on board (24) dead.
• 09-22-1995 School bombing by Sri Lanka Air Force: 34 dead, most schoolchildren.
• 09-22-2013 Suicide bombing at a church Peshawar, Pakistan: 75 dead.
• 10-22-2007 Tamil Tigers raid Anuradhapura AFB: one survivor.
• 10-22-2013 Australian Capital Territory legalizes same-sex marriage.
• 10-22-2014 Parliament, Ottawa, Canada, attacked: 4 dead.
• 10-22-2015 Attack at a high school in Trollhättan, Sweden: 2 dead, 2 injured.
• 11-22-1989 Bomb explodes near motorcade of Lebanese President, killing him.
• 11-22-1995 7.3 earthquake, tsunami Gulf of Aqaba: 8 dead, 30 injured.
• 11-22-2002 Attack aimed at Miss World contest, Nigeria: over 100 dead.
• 11-22-2003 Cargo plane struck by a surface-to-air missile and forced to land.
• 11-22-2015 Landslide Myanmar: 116 dead, 100 missing.
• 12-22-1989 Brandenburg Gate re-opens, ending division East and West Germany.
• 12-22-1991 Military coup against President of Georgia Zviad Gamsakhurdia.
• 12-22-1997 Massacre Acteal, Chiapas, Mexico by paramilitary forces.
• 12-22-1999 Korean plane crash London, England: 4 crew members dead.
• 12-22-2001 Shoe bomber attempts to destroy an American passenger airliner.
• 12-22-2008 Rupture solid waste containment, Tennessee, releases coal fly ash slurry.
• 12-22-2010 Repeal of “Don’t ask, don’t tell” signed into law by President Barack Obama.
Though interesting, obviously, not all those things could’ve been premeditated and carried out on schedule. Some, at least, had to be destiny, not design, like persons dogged by double-digit dates.
• President George Washington was born 02-11-1731 under the Old Style of dating and 02-22-1732 under the New Style; he died 12-14-1799.
• JFK Jr, son of a President, was born 11-25-1960 and died 07-16-1999.
• First Lady Claudia Alta “Lady Bird” Taylor Johnson, wife of President LBJ, was born 12-22-1912 and died 07-11-2007.
Birth and death are unscheduled. They just happen. Right?
“Destiny is not necessitarianism, and it is not caprice: it is something essentially meaningful. Each man has his destiny, though some men are undoubtedly ‘men of destiny’ in a sense in which most men are not.” ~TS Eliot
Or take, for instance, seven Presidents elected in zero years dying in office.
The story is that while governor of the Indiana Territory, President William Henry Harrison fought the Battle of Tippecanoe (1811) and won. However, his opponent, Tecumseh, the legend goes, put a curse on him, saying Harrison, and all Presidents elected in zero years, would die in office.
• Harrison was elected (1840) and died of natural causes (1841).
• Lincoln was elected (1860) and assassinated (1865).
• Garfield was elected (1880) and assassinated (1881).
• McKinley was elected (1900) and assassinated (1901).
• Harding was elected (1920) and died of natural causes (1923).
• Roosevelt was elected (1940) and died of natural causes (1945).
• JFK was elected (1960) and assassinated (1963).
• Reagan was elected (1980) and survived an assassination attempt (1981).
Supposedly, the curse has been broken—or fulfilled after seven successful times (a number signifying completion). [Zachary Taylor, who was elected (1848) and died (1850) of natural causes, did not figure into Tecumseh’s scheme.]
“A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” ~Jean de La Fontaine
Other patterns emerge.
• JFK died 11–22-1963.
• MLK died 04–04-1968.
• RFK died 06–06-1968.
• VP Agnew resigned 10–10-1973.
• Nixon resigned 08–08-1974.
• Nixon died 04-22-1994.
• Ford survived attempted assassination 09-22-1975.
• Reagan survived attempted assassination 03–30-1981.
Interesting, but still coincidence. Right?
How about three Presidents dying on July the Fourth?
• John Adams on 07–04-1826, the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence
• Thomas Jefferson on 07–04-1826, the same day
• James Monroe on 07–04-1831, the 55th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence
• Calvin Coolidge, on the other hand, was born on 07–04-1872
In other countries: Michael Collins of Ireland was assassinated 08-22-1922. On the 40th anniversary of that event, 08-22-1962, Charles de Gaulle of France survived attempted assassination.
Okay, enough already.
Or the coincidence of my seeing the movie Day After Tomorrow (2004) with Dennis Quaid and Sela Ward, Wednesday, 9 March 2011, two days before the Japan earthquake. Was it was some kind of omen? Our “day after tomorrow” would be 11 March.
Friday, 11 March 2011, I was up early, went down to hot breakfast as usual, and saw something on TV about an earthquake. This one 9.0 in Japan. It was the “day after tomorrow” since we’d seen the movie.
The date 11 March 2011. Dial 311 for emergency in Canada. Someone playing with our head?
Copyright © 2012-2016 Alexandra Lee